[PD-dev] BUG: namespace prefixes broken in 0.40

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 2 10:37:46 CET 2006

Hallo,

> >I advocate use of consistent syntax all over pd. Consistency is
> >more important than minimality. If pd's syntax is too minimal, it
> >encourages small syntax hacks that aren't portable to the rest of
> >the pd system, such as -y amp(0:100)(0:100).
>
> That is strange, I hadn't seen that before.  I also have not seen
> gridflow before.  I should say, then I am talking about things in
> common usage.  There is definitely a lot of stuff shoe-horned into
> some of those draw and plot boxes.  I wonder how to make that stuff
> work without the new syntax?

(Optional) keyword arguments are a long-term wishlist item, because
only having positional arguments is not very comfortable. It would be
great to have a corresponding object or syntax to read out keyword
arguments in abstractions. I think, Thomas Grill write somthing like
that for the flext-syntax. From a qwertz-keyboard user's view I would
prefer the "-key" syntax over flext's "@key" syntax. Gridflow's syntax
looks quite interesting, though unusual.  I need to think more
about it.

Ciao