opt-in usage statistics 'phone home' WAS: [PD-dev] BUG: namespace prefixes broken in 0.40

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 3 16:43:31 CET 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Right now, there have been roughly 17,000 downloads of the last Pd-extended
> release, according to SourceForge:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55736&package_id=76013
> I'd like to know how many people use it, and for what.

I bet that 16,000 of them were made by Cycling74 to make us feel
overconfident. ;)

The pd-list has only 1457 subscribers. pd-dev has 506 subscribers.
A lot of them have subscription disabled, possibly because the email
address has changed and MailMan never really removes subscribers.
For example, pd-list has only 1002 enabled subscribers.

pdmtl has 145 addresses (but only 7 disabled addresses because i removed
most bouncing addresses recently)

pd at listas.xicnet.com has 32 addresses. I think that the pd-graz list is
smaller than that but somehow I never can find the mailman page in less
than 5 minutes.