[PD-dev] BUG: namespace prefixes broken in 0.40

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 4 22:59:10 CET 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> (Optional) keyword arguments are a long-term wishlist item, because only
> having positional arguments is not very comfortable. It would be great
> to have a corresponding object or syntax to read out keyword arguments
> in abstractions. I think, Thomas Grill write somthing like that for the
> flext-syntax.

GridFlow has a class called [args] which is meant to handle all kinds of
args, but currently doesn't support that kind of argument yet.

> Gridflow's syntax looks quite interesting, though unusual.

You see, in Pd messageboxes, the comma means "then send the following
message to the receiver", whereas in GF objectboxes, the comma means "then
send the following message to the receiver". That's unusual, eh?

The only irregularity is in which object is the receiver: the
messresponder vs the newly-created object.

To see it as unusual you have to be picky.