data structure GUIs and bugs [was: Re: [PD-dev] BUG: namespace prefixes broken in 0.40]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Nov 12 00:30:15 CET 2006

On Nov 4, 2006, at 1:38 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:
>> I guess it's subjective but I think some of the GOP datastructure
>> abstractions out there have amazing GUIs that work with vanilla Pd
>> without requiring users to compile/install complicated externals.
>> Want
>> examples? Check out Frank's work.
>
> I'm only doing toys. A new toy is attached (requires 0.40): a simple
> slider made with DS. It has some redraw problems: moving the object
> will not move the GOP'ped data structures, until a redraw is forced
> externally or manually.
>
> Also [pd subpatches] seem to be broken somewhat if you enable the
> "hide object name" property, which doesn't get saved into the patch
> (if the subpatch name has a $0).

That's nice, it would be great to have state-saving built-in too.
But for some reason on Mac OS X, the slider part doesn't show up on
the help patch. But it does if I open up the object itself.

Oh, I see, its the annoying cross-platform size differences.  That
needs to be fixed so bad... hmm... I started on it, but didn't quite
get there..