[PD-dev] gdb listening to PD

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Nov 14 13:25:50 CET 2006

several ways to debug pd externals with gdb:

- crash the external (with asserts)
- declare pending breakpoint, that are resolved after the shared library
has been loaded
- set breakpoint after the dlopen stuff, when the symbols are available
- break manually after the external has been loaded and the symbols are
available
- use the gdb integration into your favorite ide to set breakpoints in
source files. (should work with about every decent ide like emacs,
eclipse, kdevelop)

tim