[PD-dev] gcc 4.1 and auto-vectorization

Hans-Christoph Steiner HANS at EDS.ORG
Sun Nov 19 21:35:46 CET 2006

On Nov 19, 2006, at 5:13 AM, Thomas Grill wrote:

> Am 19.11.2006 um 05:00 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:

>>> A few years ago i introduced aligned memory allocation in the pd-
>>> devel branch.
>>
>> Have you tried submitting a patch?  It would be at least useful in
>> Pd-extended.  How big a difference did it make?
>
> I have a better idea. People interested in improvements can easily
> make a diff from the devel branch.
> The aligned memory allocation is part of the SIMD codelets which
> have been part of pd-devel for a long time.

It generally accepted procedure in the projects that I've seen that
people guide their own code thru the procedures of submitting patches
and getting them accepted.  I think that makes sense here too.

Its coming quite clear that devel/dd is fork since the devel/dd devs
are resistant or unwilling to try to get code into pd-MAIN.  That's
too bad, I think we will all be the worse for it, but its your choice
to do so.  I think it would be helpful to make it clear that its a
fork instead of continuing to skirt the issue.