[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1603003 ] expose sys_register_loader() in header

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Nov 26 15:34:17 CET 2006

On Nov 26, 2006, at 4:14 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> SourceForge.net wrote:
>>
>> sys_register_loader() is meant to allow people to add new library
>> and class formats to Pd.  In order for this to be used,
>> sys_register_loader() needs to be exposed in some header.
>>
>> This simple patch exposes it in s_stuff.h.
>
> hmm, the only public header for pd is m_pd.h (btw, see my feature
> request to make official header be "pd.h").
> so i would recommend to put it into this header file if you want
> people
> to use it.

IIRC, s_stuff.h is kind of the stepping stone to m_pd.h, where
s_stuff.h might still be in flux, while the things in m_pd.h are more
or less ironed out.  If I am wrong in my assumption, I'll change it
to something more appropriate.  Here's the comment at the top of
s_stuff.h:

/* Audio and MIDI I/O, and other scheduling and system stuff. */

/* NOTE: this file describes Pd implementation details which may change
in future releases.  The public (stable) API is in m_pd.h. */

Ultimately I hope it ends up in m_pd.h, but s_stuff.h is fine for
now, and perhaps more likely to happen.

scarcity."        -John Gilmore