[PD-dev] Re: PD-cvs Digest, Vol 21, Issue 30

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 30 04:20:55 CET 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Thomas Grill wrote:
>> The last days i was wondering why suddenly a lot of changes happen in many
>> parts of the devel branch,
> There are many reasons for that, but especially,

Oh, and the feature that started this thread, is the wrapping of "newest",
so that the client can manage object creations without race-conditions.
This is an essential feature that I was supposed to add one year ago
already, and which is necessary to make DesireData stable and to prevent
it from becoming a big ball of hacks. Chun had been asking me this feature
for several months!

You can't expect GUI changes to have no impact on the base of the software
if the base of the software isn't ready to accept such a kind of GUI.