[PD-dev] devel branch

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sun Dec 3 23:19:35 CET 2006

Hi Tim,
you know that pnpd has a different license than pd, not allowing such
usage, except you relicense this part of the code.
The other thing is that i guess it has to be straight C for Miller to
accept it, plus, older gcc versions have problems with intrinsics in c
++ code.

all the best,
Thomas

Am 03.12.2006 um 23:06 schrieb Tim Blechmann:

> hi thomas,
>
>> Once i started the new devel branch, i'll try to provide patches of
>> the various extra features, which would save you from brwosing
>> through the codebase. I'm wondering if we can find a way to even
>> include SIMD, since i'm going to reimplement it without using
>> assembly but rather compiler instrinsics
>
> i've implemented most of the vectorizable dsp functions with
> intrinsics
> for pnpd. it's written with c++ templates, but it should be easy to
> wrap
> these functions into a c api for pd.
> possibly faster to reuse this code than rewriting the codelets from
> scratch and they are quite separate from the pnpd codebase, just
> implemented as header files.
>
> cheers ... tim
>
> --
> tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
> http://www.mokabar.tk
>
> The price an artist pays for doing what he wants is that he has to do
> it.
>   William S. Burroughs

Thomas Grill
http://grrrr.org