[PD-dev] Re: [ pure-data-Bugs-1607921 ] IntelMac Autobuild, Don't start: Segmentation fault

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 4 16:23:33 CET 2006

One way to get more information is to add -verbose and -stderr flags
to the startup prefs.  In a working copy of Pd, open up the "Path..."
prefs, and check on "verbose".  Then in the "Startup..." perfs, add "-
stderr" to the startup flags.  Now start it from the command line and
you should get more info.

A crash dump is a bunch of info that you can get when Mac OS X puts
up the Crash Reporter window.

.hc

On Dec 4, 2006, at 4:41 AM, SourceForge.net wrote:

> Bugs item #1607921, was opened at 2006-12-03 17:43
> Message generated for change (Comment added) made by stffn
> You can respond by visiting:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
> func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1607921&group_id=55736
>
> Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the
> comment thread,
> including the initial issue submission, for this request,
> not just the latest update.
> Category: pd-extended
> Group: v0.39.2
>
> Initial Comment:
> The autobuilds of Pd-extended 0.39.2 for intel mac from 30th of
> Nov. to 3rd of Dec all dont start but return "Segmentation
> fault" (on Macbook).
>
> This might make the tracker item #1595768 obsolete, since a new
> "error" ocurs.

>> Comment By: stffn (stffn)
> Date: 2006-12-04 10:41
>
> Message:
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=1658640
> Originator: YES
>
> I'd like to provide more info. But I don't know what you mean by
> 'crash
> dump'.
>
> I tested them by running ./path/to/Contents/MacOS/pd-date-info from
> the
> terminal which just returned "Segmentation fault". gdb was no help,
> sine
> there were no porcess to attach - i think thats the reason, it
> didn't give
> any usefull output anyways.

> Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
> Date: 2006-12-04 02:47
>
> Message:
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=27104
> Originator: NO
>

> Can you give more info?  Like a crash dump?

> You can respond by visiting:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
> func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1607921&group_id=55736

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli