[PD-dev] Makefile configuration question

Eric Lyon audiodidact at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:56:57 CET 2006

Greetings,

I need some advice for how to modify the Pd Makefile for when I need to
compile more than one code file into an external, yet do not wish to create
a separate library. Say I have a main file for the external, "tightdsp~.c"
another file containing support functions, "dsphelper1.c" and a third file
with even more functions, "dsphelper2.c". How would I modify the following
Makefile so that it would compile the code together, just as if I had copied
the contents of the two helper files into the main code file?

TIA,
Eric
===

NAME=tightdsp~
CSYM=tightdsp_tilde

current: pd_darwin

# ----------------------- Mac OSX -----------------------

pd_darwin: $(NAME).pd_darwin

.SUFFIXES: .pd_darwin

DARWINCFLAGS = -DPD -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes \
    -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch

.c.pd_darwin:
        cc $(DARWINCFLAGS) $(LINUXINCLUDE)  -o $*.o -c $*.c
        cc -bundle -undefined suppress  -flat_namespace -o $*.pd_darwin $*.o
        rm -f $*.o ../$*.pd_darwin
        cp $*.pd_darwin $(DEST)