[PD-dev] slowing down dsp function inside perform loop

Eric Lyon audiodidact at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 11:37:13 CET 2006

Thank you Thomas, hc and others for helpful feedback. The function I'm
deferring is doing asynchronous DSP, not messaging. Essentially a barrage of
intensive DSP thrown at the contents of a buffer (array in Pd land) that
will hopefully be done in time to be played back in the main perform loop.
Actually a lot of it is working on Pd now, but there are a few functions
that do reliably crash Pd, even though they're not CPU-expensive. Quite
possibly some memory indiscretion. I'll report back on any further findings.

Best,
Eric