[PD-dev] slowing down dsp function inside perform loop

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Dec 6 13:56:45 CET 2006

Eric Lyon wrote:
> Thank you Thomas, hc and others for helpful feedback. The function I'm
> deferring is doing asynchronous DSP, not messaging. Essentially a

hi.
since pd-0.40 you can do DSP-on-demand, by banging the [switch~] object.
i have not tested, but it might be, that this DSP-operation is in the
message queue.
while i doubt that it is a good idea to put dsp-on-demand operations
into a separate thread with the currently available means
([detach]/[join]), it might get you into the right direction.

mfg.adsr
IOhannes