[PD-dev] slowing down dsp function inside perform loop

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Wed Dec 6 14:29:37 CET 2006

Hallo!

> Basically, I have two buffers with some sound in buffer #1. I'm planning
> at some time in the future to start playing from buffer #2. I copy the
> contents of buffer #1 to buffer #2 and then do all kinds of evil DSP to
> the contents of buffer #2, all done asynchronously from the main DSP
> perform loop.

okay, but this code don't have to be in the dsp perform loop ...

I see 2 possibilities for that:

- you can do the copy + DSP-transformation of the buffer in a seperate
thread, as it is done in the [sndfiler] external

- maybe you can also do it with vasp, which is a set of externals for
buffer calculation and I think they can do it also in a seperate thread

LG
Georg