[PD-dev] supporting MSVC6

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Fri Dec 8 17:39:05 CET 2006

Am 08.12.2006 um 17:33 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:

> On Dec 8, 2006, at 3:18 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>

>> On win32, is there any reason for still supporting MSVC6 instead
>> of switching to MinGW and/or Cygwin?
>
> Some people have expressed desire to use MSVC, but no one has done
> the work, so...  Personally, I only support MinGW, but I haven't
> removed any of the MSVC support.

What exactly do you mean with "no one has done the work"?
I have been using MSVC 6, since i'm working with PD and i'm still
using it, plus, Miller's makefiles for Windows have always been based
on MSVC 6.
Maybe i don't get it, but what's the point about removing support for
that compiler? Of course, i'm not talking about DD.

greetings,
Thomas

--
Thomas Grill