[PD-dev] loader: 0.40 or devel_0_39 ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 9 16:43:47 CET 2006

I see that the loader code in Miller's 0.40, Miller's 0.39 and devel_0_39
are completely different. This means that the diff between the first two
and the diff between the latter two, have a lot of conflicts that can't be
fixed without sitting down and figuring out what should be done.

So, my question is, is everybody satisfied by Miller's 0.40's s_loader.c ?
If yes, then I can just use that. Else, how should some devel_0_39
features be added to it? I'm thinking specifically of the altname
parameter, which doesn't appear at all in Miller's. What is it useful for?