[PD-dev] supporting MSVC6

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Dec 10 18:45:54 CET 2006

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2006, at 3:18 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> On win32, is there any reason for still supporting MSVC6 instead of
>> switching to MinGW and/or Cygwin?
> Some people have expressed desire to use MSVC, but no one has done the
> work, so...  Personally, I only support MinGW, but I haven't removed any
> of the MSVC support.

Well, I have to remove MSVC support, because it has to be redone anyway,
because there has been too many changes in the main makefile. It would be
better if a future makefile aimed at MSVC could be generated using a
simple search-and-replace on the main makefile.

However, among people who are interested in work on DesireData now,
there's no-one who wants to use MSVC.