[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1608063 ] Trouble building on Mac OS X (patch included :)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 11 18:52:40 CET 2006

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by kunowoudt
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=1608063&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I mistakenly installed OS X on a case-sensitive file system.  It seemed the most logical to me, but I later learned that that is not the default.  This has exposed that some of the mac related #includes rely on a case-insensitive file-system.

IMO that is a bug, and I have attached a patch which fixes those which I found in the pd-extended source tree.

Note that the patch also includes some other small Mac OS X build related changes to the Makefile:

I had some trouble with the Makefile in packages/darwin_app doing                                                                                                    'mv' and 'ln' to files which already exist, which resulted in either                                                                                                      [y/n] prompts to overwrite a file or just the Makefile aborting.

Comment By: kuno (kunowoudt)