[PD-dev] branch-v0-39-2-extended created

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 13 07:04:37 CET 2006

On Dec 12, 2006, at 6:27 AM, Bryan Jurish wrote:

> morning folks,
>
> On 2006-12-12 10:05:50, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> appears to
> have written:
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> Yup, its in there.
>
> glad that the pd-string is useful to someone besides myself ;-)  also,
> thanks for thinking of them in your current endeavors, and
> apologies for
> lurker-like behavior on my part recently...
>
> does this mean i have been lax in maintaining my externals on sf?  is
> there some document somewhere i should read regarding how to get the
> buggers built automagically?  i admit i've never paid much
> attention to
> the build/ subdir, and scons rather eludes me (too lazy to learn
> python), but i do feel capable of maintaining my own code, rather than
> foisting yet another burden on you guys.  i'll probably be spending
> some
> time with cvs again in the near future, once i get a replacement
> for my
> stolen laptop (*grrr*)...

If you want to use the Pd-extended build system, its currently just a
plain Makefile.  No fancy ./configure or automake stuff, (tho it
would be nice if there was).

Basically, just copy the "template" section in externals/Makefile and
edit it so that your code compiles and is installed into the right
places.  I tried briefly with your code, but there is was stuff done
by auto tools.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler