[PD-dev] moving iemgui from core to extra

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Dec 14 21:25:55 CET 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> Of course, I'm not a developer, but I think that this is a smart way to go.
> Especially interchangeability of GUI components.  Who knows when a nice, new
> version of a given object may be forged by a rogue programmer to be easily
> dropped into place...

It's not like it's impossible to overwrite methods in [objectmaker]. If
someone had wanted to change the IEMGUIs, they would've done it already.
This suggestion doesn't stem from need. I don't think that this "who
knows" is backed by likelihood. If a rogue programmer would please stand
up now, we might have a reason...

As the author of the only modified version of IEMGUI in five years, I say
no, we don't need this to happen.