[PD-dev] moving iemgui from core to extra

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Dec 15 13:52:07 CET 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> As the author of the only modified version of IEMGUI in five years, I
>> say no, we don't need this to happen.
>
> It wasn't a question of need.  We are all fed ;).  Do you have any
> actual objections?

well, i would not do it.
i am a string advocate of splitting the pd-core from its objects (as far
as this is possible: i don't think of getting rid of [pd], [inlet],
[switch~] and friends).
but there is no real use in getting IEMGUI's separated when the
numberbox, the signal-objects and the math are still part of core pd.

however, if you feel the urge to do so and you feel like patching
pd-vanilla for each release, go on.
you could also do a fork ;-)

(it all boils down to: do you have any real benefits from this? or are
you just bored and need some work to do oer the holidays ;-) ?)

mfg.adr
IOhannes