[PD-dev] strings

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 16 20:25:39 CET 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 01:47:58PM -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, padawan12 wrote:
>>> Did I hear a rumour that better string handling is chalked in for Pd
>>> soon?
>> Huh??
> <http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2006-12/007998.html>

It's not a rumour, it's a misunderstanding. Miller says strings to mean
symbols. He wants to quote symbols, it's not about fixing the leak. He
didn't say "soon". We've been talking about it for years and there's still
not a sketch of a prototype of an implementation. Where did you get the
"soon" part? I think that you dreamed it up.