[PD-dev] moving iemgui from core to extra

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Dec 17 00:03:39 CET 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2006, at 2:52 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Plans Casal David wrote:
>>> Separation of Concerns:
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_concerns
>>> Separation of language, content, and presentation has to be a good move,
>>> no?
>> but the IEMGUIs, like the rest of the Pd GUIs, are part of the language.
>> You can't remove them without breaking the code.
> I have a working version of Pd with the iemguis as externals, so I don't
> see the "breaking the code" part,

That's not relevant, because we're talking about what it means to separate
concerns. I'm trying to make a point about what it means to separate
presentation, and how it is that separating IEMGUI does not constitute
separating presentation, and I use the removal of IEMGUI as an example,
and then you come in and say that you are not removing IEMGUI. What are
you talking about? What am *I* talking about?