[PD-dev] sys_externlist declared in two places

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 18 01:39:48 CET 2006

Correct me if I am wrote, but shouldn't sys_externlist be only
declared in one .c file?  Its declared like this in s_stuff.h:

(line 24) extern t_namelist *sys_externlist;

Then like this is s_path.c:

(line 33) t_namelist *sys_externlist;

And a duplicate in s_main.c:

(line 48) t_namelist *sys_externlist;

Both s_path.c and s_main.c include s_stuff.h and they are ultimately
linked into the same binary, so that means that they are duplicates.
I am surprised that the linker only sometimes complains about this.

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra