[PD-dev] strings

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Mon Dec 18 07:29:22 CET 2006

> Automatic type conversion sounds like a really bad idea if the language only partially supports it.  Pd is strongly typed

do you think the target user base wants to think in terms of casting types? i don't. i have a feeling that was why there are so few types. i think most users wan't to be able to plug anything into anythign and at least get some sort of result, more than "expected bang, got ''" scrolling 1000 times a second in stderr...

my vote would be a nice selection of types, and autocasting (maybe warnings at most for int vs float, string to symbol, etc)

of course the only real way to vote for this would be write the code - i think i'll wait for PNPD instead.. :)