[PD-dev] first auto-vector test

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 18 16:44:44 CET 2006

On Dec 18, 2006, at 4:29 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> These flags are used in the standard build:
>>
>> -Os -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -mcpu=powerpc -mtune=7450 -
>> mpowerpc-gfxopt
>
> the standard build is optimized for size ???

On Apple:

-Os        Optimize for size, but not at the expense of speed.  -Os
enables
            all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code
size.
            However, instructions are chosen for best performance,
regardless
            of size.  To optimize solely for size on Darwin, use -Oz
(APPLE
            ONLY).

>>      (fdn~ NOT vectorized; d_soundfile.c, d_ctl.c, m_sched.c
>> vectorized)
>
> have the _whole_ files been vectorized or only certain loops? which
> loops have been vectorized, which haven't?

That I don't know, you'll have to compile with higher vectorizing log
level than I did.  But not all the loops were vectorized, only some.
s_audio.c had a lot of loops vectorized, so you can choose your
soundcard really fast with this build ;)

.hc

> tim
>
> --
> tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
> http://www.mokabar.tk
>
> Linux is like a wigwam: no windows, no gates, apache inside, stable.

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith