[PD-dev] strings

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 18 23:38:19 CET 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, martin.peach at sympatico.ca wrote:

> symbols/floats/lists, instead of calling pd_defaultanything(), which
> would print "no method for string".

BTW I've just decided that my A_STRING atom type wouldn't have its own
selector... its selector will be just "symbol". There's no real use to
make strings and symbols any more segregated than that: most of the time,
the user doesn't need to know. What class_addstring() will do is same as
class_addsymbol(), but setting a flag saying that this symbol-method
actually wants an A_STRING.