[PD-dev] sys_externlist declared in two places

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 19 04:42:19 CET 2006

On Dec 18, 2006, at 6:43 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

>>> and I don't even get a warning, with every possible combination
>>> of -fstrict-aliasing -Wall at every compilation step.
>> FWIW, using these flags, the linker complains:
>> -ftree-vectorize -ftree-vectorizer-verbose=3 -fast -fPIC -
>> mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450
>
> neither -fast nor the 7450 cpu are supported in the GCC I have, an
> Ubuntu i386 that comes with GCC 4.0.3. With the rest of the
> options, it doesn't complain.
>
> But then, if you're on OSX... OSX doesn't use ELF. It can very well
> be not the same as Linux in that situation.

-fast is a shortcut for:

            -O3 -falign-loops-max-skip=15 -falign-jumps-max-skip=15
            -falign-loops=16 -falign-jumps=16 -falign-functions=16 -
malign-nat-
            ural (except when -fastf is specified) -ffast-math -
funroll-loops
            -ftree-loop-linear -ftree-loop-memset -mcpu=G5 -mpowerpc-
gpopt
            -mtune=G5  (unless -mtune=G4 is specified).  -fsched-
interblock
            -fgcse-sm -mpowerpc64
.hc

> | Mathieu Bouchard - tél:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
> | Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montréal QC Canada

There is no way to peace, peace is the way.       -A.J. Muste