[PD-dev] show-stopping bug for Windows release

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 30 20:44:04 CET 2006

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1595028&group_id=55736&atid=478070
> This cyclone bug is still outstanding, its very strange.  The object
> boxes change to message and number boxes.  I would really like to have
> it resolved for the release.  Can any windows people shed some light on
> it? Basically, from what I can tell, cyclone seems to assume that
> -mms-bitfields was not set when building Pd, and that is likely related
> to the problem. Everything else in Pd is built using -mmsbitfields.

What's saddest is that this bitfield has been useless for a long time: the
information in there is already given out by the class pointer that every
t_pd has, which you can compare to message_class or gatom_class as needed.
I wonder whether it has ever been useful.

(Desiredata pre5 removes that variable, puts some padding instead.)