[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1612910 ] Patch to OSCx to support multicast

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 2 02:39:40 CET 2007

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=1612910&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: externals
Group: feature

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I needed to try some multicast stuff with Pd, but found that the OSCx
externals didn't support it, so I made some small changes.  Just
thought I'd send it along in case it is useful to someone else.

[sendOSC] can now take an optional TTL argument in its "connect"
message. This is "Time To Live" which says how many jumps the UDP
packet is allowed to make before dying out.  Without setting this,
multicast only works on the local LAN.

[dumpOSC] can now take an optional "Group" argument _before_ the port
number.  (I put it before for consistancy with sendOSC.)  For example:

[dumpOSC 224.0.1.1 7879]
When this argument is provided, it will join the given multicast
group.  (using setsockopt)

Tested so far on Linux (Ubuntu Dapper) and OS X 10.4.8 ppc.

I also modified configure.ac a little to make it work properly with
Pd-0.40-2.app on OS X.

Steve