[PD-dev] pd-extended build system questions

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Sun Jan 7 19:28:29 CET 2007

(ups sorry - this should be for pd-dev)

Hallo Hans+list!

I just added PDContainer to the build system and have some questions:

o) I have to use g++, otherwise I cannot link the binary - is this okay
for the compile farm ?

o) is it now, with the [declare] object, still necessary to make a
binary out of each pd object ?
(I made now one pdcontainer.pd_linux and installed it to
/pd/extra/pdcontainer/ - but I think I have to split this into binaries
for each object ?)

o) in externals/Makefile:

ifeq ($(OS_NAME),linux)
[...]
   DYLIB_EXTENSION = dll
[..]
endif
ifeq ($(OS_NAME),windows)
[...]
   DYLIB_EXTENSION = so
[...]
endif

shouldn't this be exchanged ? (dll for windows and so for linux ?)

o) are there plans to make debian packages too ? (or what has to be done
to make them work ?)

Thanks,
LG
Georg