[PD-dev] pd-extended build system questions

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Mon Jan 8 22:52:07 CET 2007

Hallo!

> Wow, that's great that you have a shared library already!  Since
> Pd-extended is built with gcc on all platforms, porting the build
> process to other platforms isn't too difficult, its mostly a matter of
> getting the right flags, which are listed in externals/Makefile.

It (should) build already on all platform - but it doesn't find the
library ...

> As for using the shared library, I think that you have to explicitly
> load it in each external.  You can look at pd/src/s_loader.c to see how
> Pd does it.  An external is just a shared libray that Pd loads, so its
> the same mechanism.

Hm ... can't this be made easier ?
E.g. if I link the externals to the shared library with the hardcoded
path it works - but I cant' do that of course and so the externals can't
finde the library.

So is there a way how the externals can find the shared library,
whithout copying it into a global library path like /usr/lib/ ?

Thanks,
LG
Georg