[PD-dev] Cross-compiling for Windows on Debian

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 22 15:55:46 CET 2007

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mingw32msvc/3.4.5/../../../../i586-mingw32msvc/bin/ld: cannot find -lpd
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [rvbap.dll] Error 1
>

> Oops, do I read this correctly, that on Windows (or *for* Windows) I need to
> have some kind of pd.dll to compile an external? And that means, I need to
> cross-compile Pd first?

yes and no.
you do need to link against pd.lib
you don't need to crosscompile.
just get a binary-version for w32 of pd (i usually use miller's pd)
and add the path to the pd.lib to your linker-flags: "-L/tmp/w32/pd/bin"

> As the clock is ticking for me, I would be really thankful if someone with a
> working Windows-compilation-setup could compile rvbap.dll for me. I would offer

iemmatrix comes with explanations on how to cross-compile it on debian
for w32.

> a really big beer for this, if I can get a hold of rvbap.dll before tomorrow,
> tuesday, 15:00 GMT+1. ;)

forget everything i wrote above.
and wait a minute :-)

mfgadsr