[PD-dev] Cross-compiling for Windows on Debian

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jan 22 16:42:50 CET 2007

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> yes and no.
> you do need to link against pd.lib
> you don't need to crosscompile.
> just get a binary-version for w32 of pd (i usually use miller's pd)
> and add the path to the pd.lib to your linker-flags: "-L/tmp/w32/pd/bin"

Actually this is about what I did now. I used attached Makefile.mingw,
where I just set PD_PATH to where I unpacked Miller's 0.39 zipfile,
then I compiled with:

$ CC=i586-mingw32msvc-cc make rvbap.dll

> iemmatrix comes with explanations on how to cross-compile it on debian
> for w32.

Ah, cool. I'll check this out anyways.

> forget everything i wrote above.
> and wait a minute :-)

Well, so far my dll is only tested on Wine, the real Windows test
(with a pd-extended binary) should happen soonish, I guess, and if it
fails, Martin and you get another chance. ;)

Ciao