[PD-dev] Cross-compiling for Windows on Debian

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jan 27 19:51:24 CET 2007

Hallo,

> vbap is already compiled on Windows using externals/Makefile, so you
> don't need to rewrite or change anything.  If you need to change
> CFLAGS, then you can do that like this:
>
> cd pure-data/externals
> make CFLAGS="-whatever -something else" vbap

Note that I was trying to build a *Windows* binary on *Linux*, as I
don't have Windows.

I had already tried:

$ cd pure-data/externals
$ CC=i586-mingw32msvc-cc make vbap

but this tries to build the linux version with the cross-compiler for
Windows, which of course isn't what I want. Explicitely specifying
what to build doesn't seem to work either:

$ CC=i586-mingw32msvc-cc make vbap/rvbap.dll
make: *** No rule to make target `vbap/rvbap.dll'.  Stop.

Is there a way to set the target/host system with some CFLAGS using
the extended-Makefile?

Ciao