[PD-dev] pd-extended build logs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jan 27 23:08:26 CET 2007

On Jan 27, 2007, at 5:54 AM, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> Hallo!
>
>>> And one more question:
>>> All the new externals I added in the last weeks are not in the
>>> windows installers - the I saw that there is also no Pd-0.40 for
>>> windows ...
>>> Are there any special things to do to get Pd-0.40-extended for
>>> windows ?
>> Get ./configure && make working with  Windows/MinGW.  I had
>> something almost working in the past, it's not too hard to do.  I
>> just am rarely near a Windows box.
>
> Sorry, but I don't understand your answer.
> I only ask why Pd-extended is not build on windows - why is it a
> problem with 0.40 if 0.39 works ?

Because I am currently using an really ugly kludge that should be
removed.  It is not too hard to get the ./configure && make stuff
working on Windows, and it has a lot of advantages, so I am not
supporting the ugly kludge anymore.  Plus, if the ./configure && make
stuff works on Windows, I think it'll be easier to cross-compile for
Windows from other free platforms, like Debian.

.hc

> LG
> Georg

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith