[PD-dev] porting PDa to Symbian

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Feb 3 19:05:48 CET 2007

My bro and I were looking into porting PDa to PalmOS, shouldn't be
too hard thanks to Günter's PDa.  That got me thinking, it would be
nice to port PDa to Symbian also.  Then you could write apps in Pd
that run natively on mobile phones!  The GUI stuff doesn't have to
run there, that would require porting Tcl/Tk.  But it should be able
to load a .pd file and run it, and do sound output, and maybe other
things

Anyone know much about Symbian?  It sounds like it might not be too
easy since it's got a lot of specialized APIs to deal with memory and
power saving.