[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1656382 ] OSCx - assign TTL only for multicast groups

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 9 21:38:00 CET 2007

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=1656382&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: externals
Group: bugfix

Initial Comment:
I realized that in my previous changes to OSCx, I caused sendOSC to set the TTL value for any UDP connection. This could cause unexpected default behaviour, whether using multicast or not, when trying to use OSC on a long network connection, outside of a local subnet, such as between continents. This patch changes the behaviour so that it only sets TTL for actual multicast IP addresses. It also rejects requests to create connections on the range of multicast addresses reserved for routing information.

(This is described here: http://ntrg.cs.tcd.ie/undergrad/4ba2/multicast/antony/index.html)