[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1655670 ] misterious crashes when scripting

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 10 18:49:20 CET 2007

Bugs item #1655670, was opened at 2007-02-09 02:08
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fbar
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1655670&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: v0.40.2

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I'm sorry I can't be more specific.
The attached patch makes PD crash.

Look at the patch, it has a lot of comments.
I have reduced it to the minimum that I could.

I use messages to dinamically create and delete an object within a (sub)subpatch and connect it.

I pass a float "through" the subpatch when the dinamically created objects and connections are made so that it can pass through.

When doing a single iteration, that works.
However, for some reason, if I put it into a loop (by feeding back the output to the input) it crashes. Note that the loop is not infinite, since I have a decrement and a condition to stop it after a number of iterations.
It crashes even with a couple of iterations.