[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1518030 ] subpatch clearing itself crashes Pd

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sun Feb 11 22:40:04 CET 2007

Am 11.02.2007 um 21:50 schrieb Tim Blechmann:

>> Well, then how should Pd solve the logical pitfalls in your opinion?
>
> mark the object as deletable, if the messaging is happening, wait for
> the object to return from the message function, then it can be safely
> deleted.

exactly, but the object should not process any further messages when
the mark is set.
I recently encountered the same situation, and by debugging i found
that the crash happens while traversing the outlets to see if the
message should be sent to other objects. It would be easy to check
for such a mark there.

greetings,
Thomas