[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1518030 ] subpatch clearing itself crashes Pd

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Mon Feb 12 01:22:50 CET 2007

> I probably misunderstood you: I thought, that as soon as the [symbol
> x] object was killed the reason to fire the "anything" outlet of the
> trigger was gone as well, so this outlet should *not* be allowed to
> fire.

if the pd language would have a notion of exceptions, this would make
sense, but otherwise this would contradict with the pd language,
wouldn't it?

> But as I understand it now, your proposal is exactly the same as the
> current [delay] solution, just one object less (the [delay]), one
> crash less and still no "micro steps". [symbol x] would live until the
> end of the logical step and be killed afterwards.

of course, several of these structures could be nested like:

|t b  b|
|      |
|      |pd suicide|

|pd suicide2|

providing several interpreter states at the same logical time.

> I still prefer the explicitness of [delay], though.

which of course only provides one interpreter state per logical time,
but of course, it's a workaround, that should work fine ...

tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can
leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape.
  William S. Burroughs