[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1518030 ] subpatch clearing itself crashes Pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 12 09:53:23 CET 2007

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> btw, this has been fixed in Gem some time ago (at least it should!)

I admit that I didn't check. (Actually I can't check, as currently for
me every "destroy" crashes Pd.)

> however, i don't think it is a valid assumption for pd itself.
> in this case, i would highly prefer an error-message to the console (an
> "exception") and no destruction at all.
> (since usually you have more complex settings when doing dynamic
> patching, e.g. [clear, obj 0 0 inlet, obj 0 100 outlet, connect 0 0 1 0( )

"clear" alone may be fine in this case, but I suppose things get hairy
if you just delete a some objects using e.g. "find foo, cut", and then
create some new ones and try to connect them. Wouldn't the numbering
of objects necessary for [connect ...( be invalid now, too? At least
the bookkeeping would get even more difficult than it already is.

Ciao