[PD-dev] Fwd: Request for dev access

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 15 09:59:59 CET 2007

carmen wrote:
>> I'd also still be interested in getting us over to Subversion, if
>> there is still a supportive group for this?  I've maintained several
>> SVN repos now, and feel a bit more up to the task of organizing the
>> project.

there are definitely a lot of supporters for this.
i think the main problem (were we stopped last time) was to find a
directory layout.
otoh, the beauty about svn is, that the directory layout can be changed...

> i'd be more interested in moving us over to Git, so i can stop getting these emails.

why would "these" emails stop more if we were using Git than they would
if we were using svn?

personally i'd like to investigate about SVK (even though i have no
experience with that)

> what do we need. a webpage to register repos?

no. we could use either sourceforge's SVN or host our own at puredata.info.

the good thing about the 1st is, that we don't have to care about
hardware, backups and the like (even if "we" only means "me")
the bad thing is that sourceforge is really overloaded.
the good thing about the 2nd is, that the repository is under our full
control. we can also use the puredata.info accounts to access the
repository (this is already set up)
the bad thing is, that we have to take full control over the repository.

of course we could also use other hosts (but then each dev has to sign
up at yet another website).

mfga.sdr
IOhannes