[PD-dev] Fwd: Request for dev access

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Thu Feb 15 21:22:16 CET 2007

On Thu Feb 15, 2007 at 03:21:08PM +0100, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 13:55 +0100, Georg Holzmann wrote:
> > > Of course we would loose the possibility that everyone can quickly
> > fix
> > > a bug everywhere, but then, I don't see this as such a big problem.
> > > There still would be "trusted core developers" with access to almost
> > > everything - or maybe we could let each user decide with an ACL file
> > > in her/his user directory, who should have access to it.
> >
> > I think this is only a good idea if there were already problems, that
> > other developers broke things ... which I cannot really remember.
> > If not, it will only prevent some people from developing, trying to
> > improve other code, improving the build system etc.
>
> iirc, carmen once messed with the plugin~ help files, which was not in
> everyone's interest.

i also ch ecked in some minor 'fixes' to the devel build files and similar that got reverted. sometimes this might have even been accidental. eg making changes in an external dir, then running CVS diff, then cd .. then commit.. the user-level dirs does sound good. no worrying about messing stuff up :)