[PD-dev] annoying crackles--Gui issue

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 21 12:17:18 CET 2007

we are a écrit :
> i have been using pd-39 from the cvs  this week and for some reason i
> am experiencing click and crackles when the gui refreshes. when i
> delete or move an object, i get a harsh crackle through my sound card.
> this is even more present when i load a sound file into an array. i
> don't get this if i use the official 40.
> not sure if i should be posting this here or not but just wondering if
> it is a issue for anyone else?
>
> also, what are developers working on the most at the moment. 38-dev
> 39-dev, 40, desire etc. what would be the most useful to be testing
> and what has the best functionality, opinions?. all but desire seem to
> have the annoying paranoid closing question whenever i want to close a
> patch. even unedited help files etc.
>

> thanks

On any sound program with a user interface we are experiencing clicks
and crackles when the GUI refreshes,
this problem can be fortunately resolved with programs like pure data,
with separating the server and the client.
For avoiding to have an interface that freezes when the server is under
a process that is taking too much ressources, we can run pure data to
control another one.
If the processes are so important that we can not run several intances
of pd on the same computer, we can also control it from another computer.
So, in fact, using pd just resolves the 'click and crackles when GUI
refreshes' problem, AFAIU.