[PD-dev] -dynamiclib causes name clashes, was: Re: [PD] msd broken

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Feb 22 01:06:25 CET 2007

Hi Marius,

> I wonder if this is an OSX problem, but my msd2D and msd3D objects are
> not working (see previour posts).

this is almost certainly caused by a conflict of an existing external
using an older version of flext.
I hope that i now adjusted the flext build system in a way that this
doesn't happen anymore.

As a note for the devs:
It seems that building externals under OSX with "--dynamiclib -
undefined dynamic_lookup" can cause symbol clashes at runtime, while
"-bundle -bundle_loader $(PDBIN)" doesn't.
That's why i returned to the old method. Any comments?

greetings,
Thomas

--
Thomas Grill