[PD-dev] annoying crackles--Gui issue

we are gateswideopen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:45:24 CET 2007

> On any sound program with a user interface we are experiencing clicks
> and crackles when the GUI refreshes,

i don't experience this with any other audio program.

> this problem can be fortunately resolved with programs like pure data,
> with separating the server and the client.
> For avoiding to have an interface that freezes when the server is under
> a process that is taking too much ressources, we can run pure data to
> control another one.

i have used this method before for using things like Gem and PDP an
(netsend/OSC etc) which is 'sort of' justified but it seems a bit dumb
to have to do it all the time. not disrespect to pd, but that would be
a really tedious way to interface with pd all the time.

don't you think?