[PD-dev] Pd-Extended help path

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Sun Feb 25 15:23:38 CET 2007

Hallo!

> Which version are you using?  I am assuming that you are talking
> about 0.40.2, which is very rough.

yes!

> The idea for the next step is to
> include the help files in the libdir (i.e. inside extra/zexy/) so
> that it is a self-contained (#2 you mention below).  This relies on
> have the metadata parsing working and having a help menu built with
> that data.

Sorry, I don't know much about the helpbrowser, but which metadata do
you need to parse for that ?

> Otherwise you wouldn't be able to browse the help files in the Help
> Browser.  A possible temporary workaround would be to make the Help
> Browser browse help files in "extra".

and why is this a "workaround" - now you also have simply the
5.reference folder in the help browser, then you would have the extra
folder ...

> So I think that yes, #2 should happen, but the rest needs to follow
> in the same release or it won't make much sense.

Okay, I can make #2 happen (should be as easy as changing helpdir =
$(libpddir)/extra in Makefile.buildlayout), but I have not much
knowledge about the browser stuff ...

LG
Georg