[PD-dev] how do I go about pd_bind()ing multiple symbols to one object and distinguish between them?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Mar 3 09:32:47 CET 2007

Hallo,
Claude Heiland-Allen hat gesagt: // Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> I'm writing an external, and I want it to have multiple named receivers
> that do different things (something that seems trivial for an
> abstraction but rather tricky for an external).

Does it really have to be multiple receivers? Maybe you could use the
equivalent of [route] as in

  [r GLOBAl]

  [route local-1 local-2 local-3 ...]

Then you would only need one receiver (with pd_bind) and most of the
rest could be copied from the "route"-code. You would however need to
use specially formatted messages on the sender-side, that use these
"tags" to reach their correct destination.

Ciao