[PD-dev] Separating GUI from the engine in PD

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Tue Mar 13 05:27:33 CET 2007

On Mon Mar 12, 2007 at 11:08:42AM +0100, Pierpaolo Marcon wrote:
> I'm trying to put Pd on a DSP processor, but I need to separate completely
> the Pd engine from the GUI.
> Does anybody knows if it is available on the web the Pd engine code?
> (without GUI)

sure.. just download PD from miller puckette's website. delete the GUI files, disable it in the makefile and on launch..

the desireData branch has gone further than that, but im not sure how well it works with nogui. youre porably better off using csound, supercollider, or chuck, if you dont want a GUi, for the time being